Software Engineering Intern at Google
May 2013 - Aug. 2013
Started internal project from scratch using Go and App Engine for
reviewing and approving publications, in much the same way as code
review, before they get displayed on Research at Google.
Software Engineering Intern at Yelp
Sep. 2012 - Dec. 2012
Implemented QR code check-in system for Yelp elite parties and user
events which involves programming Python, MySQL, Amason S3, Selenium,
SMTP, jQuery, Prototype, and Twitter Bootstrap.
Software Developer at Uken Games
Jan. 2012 - Apr. 2012
- Developed game features from front to back for Mighty Monster
powered by Ruby on Rails, MySQL, jQuery, Ajax, SASS, and CSS3
- Paired with senior developer to rewrite RESTful server, backed by
Rails and Resque, for push notifications on Android, iOS, and
- Wrote MapReduce scripts for MongoDB to analyze timeline of
- Enhanced SVG-based diagram of real-time server errors displayed on
dashboard using d3.js
- Refactored Uken's official website by fixing unmaintainable HTML
and CSS and upgrading Rails to adopt asset pipeline
Software Engineering at Harris Corp.
May 2011 - Aug. 2011
- Developed GUI widgets using MFC, ActiveX, and C# .NET
- Implemented new graph nodes for network visualization software with
C++ which involves Windows API, MSSQL, TCP/IP, and SNMP
- Learnt PHP and improved internal QA tools powered by Apache, MySQL,
Software Developer at NCR Corp.
Sep. 2010 - Dec. 2010
Enhanced Java EE application for remote check deposit powered by JSP,
Spring, EJB, and Hibernate.
Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
2009 - 2014
Nov. 2012 - present
Redis-cached version of my activity feed merged from various sources
written in CoffeeScript and Node.js (activities.zhang.su
Scorched End Audio Library (SEAL)
May 2011 - present
C library and Ruby gem for 3D audio rendering based on OpenAL.
Game-like visualization tool (visual-office.appspot.com
) for office seating plan produced in October's Yelp hackathon
exploiting CSS3 animations and Compass.
CSS3 Homepage (zhang.su
) built with Slim, Sass, and CoffeeScript.
Two-player survival game (zhang.su/lover
) on HTML5 canvas produced in Molyjam 2012 game hackathon.
Sudoku and Sudoku Solver
Form-based Sudoku game and its solver developed with C# .NET.